The David K. Cahoone, P.A., Law Firm has an Of Counsel relationship with Robert W. Browning, Jr. PA.
David K. Cahoone
David was born and raised in Southern New England. He has lived in Sarasota since 1991. He focuses his practice on helping individuals, families and business owners develop and implement plans to achieve their unique goals and objectives.
Individuals, families and business owners have different planning needs. Each will be concerned with bringing order to their affairs as well as passing on to loved ones their goals, values, and passion for life's important matters.
Families of modest means need to provide for their physical and financial concerns, as well as long term care. Families who are members of the great American middle class need to protect their hard-earned assets, to take advantage of planning available under existing tax laws, and to create opportunities for their children and grandchildren. Affluent families must concern themselves with the same issues, as well as the stewardship of their wealth, their enduring significance and impact on society, and the responsibilities they wish to pass on to their family members.
David looks forward to working collaboratively with other attorneys, CPAs, financial advisors, and insurance professionals to serve the specialized planning needs of individuals, families and business owners.
David has attained the Martindale-Hubbell® AV® peer-review rating TM.
- Integrated Wealth Strategies Planning, encompassing:
- Income Tax Planning
- Gift & Estate Tax Planning
- Charitable Planning
- Values-Based Planning
- Business Formation, Governance & Succession Planning
- Estate Administration
Admitted to practice
- Florida State Bar (1985)
- Juris Doctor, Western New England University School of Law (1985)
- Masters of Laws (LL.M.) in Taxation, University of Florida School of Law (1986)
- Bachelor of Arts, Eckerd College (1981)
- Sarasota County Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association (Member, Sections on: Business Law, Tax Law, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law)
David is a frequent speaker at local and national programs attended by attorneys, financial advisors, CPAs and insurance professionals. He teaches on many areas of wealth strategies planning and the effective collaboration of professionals to provide the support and advice needed in today’s complex world.
- Protect and Enhance Your Estate; New York: McGraw-Hill, (2012)
- The Objective Guide to Estate Planning and Life Insurance; Sarasota: Quantum Press, (2012)
- Strictly Business: Planning Strategies for Privately Owned Businesses; Denver: Quantum Press, (2002)
- The Living Trust Workbook: How You and Your Legal Advisors Can Design, Fund, and Maintain Your Living Trust Plan and Secure Your Family’s Future; New York: Viking-Penguin, (2001)
- How to Work Ethically With Other Professionals; Broker World, (September 2002)
- Post EGTRRA Life Insurance Planning; The Tax Advisor, (August 2002)
- The State of MDP; Estate Planning Magazine, (June 2002)
- The Impact of the Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2001 on Existing Planning” Journal of Financial Service Professionals, (March 2002)
Featured or Quoted
David has been featured or quoted in many media publications or forums including:
- Money Matters Financial Network Radio, Nationally Syndicated
- BCENTRAL Radio, Legal Steps A New Business Owner Needs To Take Before Opening Their Doors
- One for the Money Radio
- Common Ground, WZLX-FM Radio/Boston, MA
- Microbusiness, KCEP-FM Radio/Las Vegas, NV
- Wake Up Call, WFTW Radio/Pensacola, FL
- WBZ News Radio/Boston, MA
- AP Broadcast Radio, Nationally Syndicated
- KFWB-AM Radio/Los Angeles, CA
- First Biz Television Studio/New York
- CABLETALK Radio Network, Nationally Syndicated
- KUIK-AM Radio/Portland, Oregon
- AM Chronicles Radio, Nationally Syndicated
- Associated Press Radio
- Working in Tandem, by Lynn Vincent, Advisortoday.com The Financial Planning Association’s News, May 2003
- Fighting Family Feuds, CNN Money Online, www.money.cnn.com, May 17, 2002
- 4 Steps to Legally Protect Your Startup, Michelle Collins for CanadaOne.com
- Sunset Clause Is Bushwacking Estate Planning, By Karen Krebsbach, Bank Investment Marketing, September 2001
- Let the Buyer Beware of One-Stop Shopping” Financial Times, August 30, 2001
Married to Donna with two energetic and always curious daughters, Sarah Jayne and Samantha Emily.